You will need it
- 1 espresso macchiato (40 ml espresso, 2 sec milk foam)
- 5 ml vanilla syrup
- 1 large pinch of Lebkuchen spice (see below)
You have to do that
- Add vanilla syrup and lebkuchen spice mix to an espresso glass.
- Brew an espresso macchiato in the same glass.
Suggestions for serving
Sprinkle with a pinch of lebkuchen spice mix and serve.
How to make Lebkuchen spice mix
- 5 tablespoons / 30 g cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon stewed nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp anise
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in a glass container with a tightly mounted lid. Keep in a dark, cool place, the mixture stays fresh for 1 year.
If nutmeg is not available, replace an equal part of the ground nutmeg.